So I am tooling along to work, pushing the radio buttons to find something interesting, and I run across an oldie yet baddie, "She's a Lady", by Tom Jones.
And the first thing that pops into my totally yaoi mind is what a great anime music video could be made with this song, using Saiyuki as the basis, Sanzo as 'the lady' and the other boys being the ones saying, "and the Lady is mine...".
Of course, the visuals would show the complete opposite of the lyrics, with Sanzo being his usual abusive self, hitting Goku and Gojyo on the head, glaring at Hakkai, threatening all of them with his gun, smoking, drinking, yelling.
Just read the lyrics for yourself, and laugh hard at the mental pictures...
~~~~~
(this is Goku's verse, since it mentions food.) Well she's all you'd ever want,
She's the kind they'd like to flaunt and take to dinner.
Well she always knows her place.
She's got style, she's got grace, She's a winner.
She's a Lady. Whoa whoa whoa, She's a Lady. Talkin' about that little lady, and the lady is mine.
(this is Hakkai's verse, the eternal peacemaker.) Well she's never in the way
Something always nice to say, Oh what a blessing.
I can leave her on her own
Knowing she's okay alone, and there's no messing.
She's a lady. Whoa, whoa, whoa. She's a lady. Talkin' about that little lady, and the lady is mine.
Well she never asks for very much and I don't refuse her.
Always treat her with respect, I never would abuse her.
What she's got is hard to find, and I don't want to lose her
Help me build a mansion from my little pile of clay.
Hey, hey, hey.
(this is Gojyo's verse, since it implies sex.) Well she knows what I'm about,
She can take what I dish out, and that's not easy,
Well she knows me through and through,
She knows just what to do, and how to please me.
She's a lady. Whoa, whoa, whoa. She's a lady. Talkin' about that little lady and the lady is mine.
Yeah yeah yeah
She's a Lady
Listen to me baby, She's a Lady
Whoa whoa whoa, She's a Lady
And the Lady is mine
Yeah yeah yeah
She's a Lady
Talkin about this little lady
Whoa whoa whoa whoa
Whoa and the lady is mine
Yeah yeah She's a Lady
And the Lady is mine.
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*